Guardrail has many applications. A barrier on the pike or highway which is typically steel, or around a restaurant which is usually wood, will protect vehicles from driving through them. Very bulky in order to prevent damage, guardrail is often required by towns in certain situations, and can be gradually curved in order to follow roads that have a bend. Wood guardrail is typically just tamped into the ground and steel is generally pounded in with a heavy machine. Then the rails bolt (Steel) or lag (Wood) into the posts ensuring a tight connection. Call to have us out to your property for an estimate today.
Steel Guard Rails
Wood Guard Post & Rails
These attractive barriers were developed to increase highway safety. Designed for easy erection, maintenance and replacement, they offer efficient protection for roads, highways and parking perimeters. Quality pressure treatment helps ensure long life and service.
- Post Dimension: 4″x4″, 6″x8″, 8″x8″, 10″x10″, 12″x12″, 4″x6″, 6″x8″, 8″x10″, 10″x12″, 8″x12″
- Post Tops: Square Slope Chamfered
- Round Post: 6″ diameter, 8″ diameter, 10″ diameter, 12″ diameter
- Grades: #1 Dense, #1, #2
- Rail Dimensions: 3″x6″, 4″x6″, 6″x6″, 3″x8″, 4″x8″, 6″x8″, 3″x10″, 4″x10″, 6″x10″, 3″x12″, 4″x12″, 6″x12″
- Rail Joints: Square Shiplap Bevel Lap
- Treatment: CCA Retention – .25, .40, .60, 1.00, 2.5 lbs./cf
- Species: Southern Yellow Pine, White Pine, Red Pine, Red Cedar
- Designs: Flush, Notch Gain, Mortise
Give us a call for an estimate and ask for recommendations for your project.